Sunday, February 7, 2010

Critters for Charity

I belong to the Etsy Angel team and every second month we do a charity event that raises money for very worthy causes. One of the members of our team began to make little "critters" to help raise money for thos cause. Ozarknana is a great artist that loves to sew and make neat items for children. Ozarknana is a very generous,caring, giving lady that has helped in many charities.

Her little critters are so cute and she has created one as a mascot for each of the charities that we did.

I would like you to meet each of these cute little critters....

Boobie the cow for Breast Cancer Awarenes:


Tilly the Turtle for the Anderson House that is a shelter for Abused women and Children....



Wise Owl for the American Diabetic Association....



Hero Bear was The Etsy Angel's Hero Bear was created to honor those that have given their lives to "serve and protect" us all. 50% of the proceeds from this bear will be donated to Answer the Call, won't you please help us raise money for the families these Hero's left behind?



Meet Captain Hungry Hero! He helps fight hunger for the Friendly Kitchen....



Prim kitty was created for the American Heart Association.....



Stay tuned as there will be more cute little critters I am sure.... our next charity will be next month!

Thank you Melana(Ozarknana) for your tribute to these worthy causes...Hugs!~!~

Be sure to visit her shop:
Ozarknana

8 comments:

MamaJody said...

WooHoo!! Great blog on Mel!!!

enchanted quilling said...

These critters are just so amazing and outstanding, that boobie cow is incredible, one great talented lady!
cheers Janice

BeadedTail said...

Wonderful post on Melana's critters! She so creative and I can't wait to see what she comes up with next!

Lisa said...

Fabulous post Mona on such a sweet, caring lady! Her critters are just adorable. We love ya Mel!!

Nora said...

What a creative and caring lady,
thanks for sharing her

GrandmaLindasHouse said...

Melana certainly deserves accolades for the wonderful work she is doing for all of these charities.

Amanda said...

LOVE this feature on Mel! I am an avid collector of her mascots!!! Not sure if I can choose a favorite!

ByNanasHands said...

Mona,
Thank you SO much (blushing here), it's an honor to help our bi-monthly charities. I enjoy creating something meaningful for each of them. I am so honored to be on the Etsy Angel team...a wonderful group of ladies each working together for a common cause.....thank you again.

Wonderful Quotes to live by!

"Flatter me, and I may not believe you. Criticize me, and I may not like you. Ignore me, and I may not forgive you. Encourage me, and I will not forget you."

~ William Arthur Ward