Saturday, December 18, 2010

It is Looking alot like Christmas

I love to decorate for Christmas.  I have many little things that have been given to me as gifts. My birthday is the first week in December so alot of my friends and family get me a new ornament or decoration.


Last year we gave in and purchased an artificial tree,  verdict is still out on it. It is pretty and easy but I miss the smell of the fresh trees so much. The balls that are white on the tree are handmade by my daughter in law and each has a picture of our family, one of myself, hubby, son, daughter in law and a couple of grandson #1, she is making me one with grandson #2  for this year.  It is a tradition for her now....my mom has one of each grandchild!





The Navitity Scene was a gift from Hubby's employer one year!  The 2 ornaments on speakers were gifts from son's mother in law for my birthday.



This year it looks like we may have a green Christmsas... I would really love to have a bit of snow. Mind you not much as we have many plans for the holidays.


And those 2 adorable boys are my gifts from my son and his wife!


6 comments:

The Back Yard Bear said...

Oh Sewinggranny I really hope you get snow for Christmas. We have lots to send your way if your interested! Your tree is beautiful and your grandson's are little darlings!

enchanted quilling said...

Thanks for sharing your Christmas decorations Mona love that tree, and the most prized ones are your two grandsons,just gorgeous...Merry Christmas and many Blessings for the New year...cheers Janice

BeadedTail said...

Beautiful Christmas tree and such special oranaments! Adorable photo of your grandsons too!

Littlebearsmom said...

I so wish I could have sent you some snow as your Secret Santa!!! We have more than enough here in Montreal. Your preparations look amazing and I wish we were as far as you! My mom arrives tomorrow and yet, we have a tree with no lights, and the creche (made by my godmother) is still packed away! I'm sure your grandsons will appreciate your decor - it looks amazing :) In the end, it's all about being together.

Lisa said...

What a beautiful tree and decorations Mona! That's two handsome Grandsons you have there :)

Joyful HandKnits said...

Very Fun, Mona! Thanks for sharing. We too have our 2nd Grandson this year. Merry Christmas!
Joy

Wonderful Quotes to live by!

"Flatter me, and I may not believe you. Criticize me, and I may not like you. Ignore me, and I may not forgive you. Encourage me, and I will not forget you."

~ William Arthur Ward