Today I would like to introduce you to another Great Artist of the Etsy Community - DiVaRoCks!!!
I will let Diva tell you about herself and I will highlight some of her very beautiful creations. I asked her 5 questions and she answered them beautifully so will just post them here:
1. I have an interest in several crafts, but they all have a common theme--I like to use a lot of color, whether its scrapbook paper, fabric, or painting. My father inlaw has given me full use of his wood shop, where I have set up a studio and I am learning to use the tools as I go along. I am currently working on a lake/beach house series, and I just finished a set of very colorful fish.
2. I first realized I was artistic at the age of five. My mom kept me in a never ending supply of paper, paints, etc. I even made a mural on my parent's freshly painted walls, and never understood why they weren't pleased with my efforts! When I wanted to learn to sew, she cut up her table cloth and had me sew it back together. When I was in the third grade I learned to crochet granny squares, and in the fifth grade I was given my first sewing machine for my birthday. I was a floral designer for Ben Franklin Crafts for about five years, and when I bought my first house I painted murals on the walls, which led to having my own decorating business for several years.
3. COUNTRY LIVING magazine featured Etsy a couple of years ago, and at that time I was working on a set of wood children's blocks for my grandchildren. My family encouraged me to make more and open an Etsy shop of my own, I have been hooked ever since!
4. I have sold my crafts at a local farmer's market, but I am not currently participating on a weekly basis.
5. I am currently working on a design plan for a playhouse made from fabric and pvc pipes. I have two grandaughters and I am always trying to find something unique that I can make for them.
DivaRocks is a member of the fast pace Promotional Frenzy Team!